The main duty of the Traffic Accident Analysis Division is to help the judicial institution and agencies : police, prosecutor and criminal court.
Objectives are to solve and manage the problems requested and troubles occurring in traffic accident investigation by the forensic and engineering method : MADYMO, HVE and PC-CRASH, instrumental analysis-GC pyrolizer, various microscopes.
Traffic Accident Analysis Division is composed of 3 sections : 1 Traffic accident reconstruction, 2 Hit-and-run accident and 3 Insurance crime
Introduction film(avi) to Traffic Accident Analysis Division
Accident reconstruction section take charge of examination of the structural defects and fatigues of vehicle parts, estimation of the velocity of driving vehicle, analysis of digital tachometer, identification of a number plate of hit-and-run car. Accident interpretations are carried out by engineering examination and morphological comparative analysis. It is also performed that the estimation of the impact velocity using computer in this section.
Also this section takes charge of accident reconstruction and computer simulation of traffic accident. From the results of the mechanical and electrical and chemical and biological inspection and postmortem examination, traffic accident is reconstructed and it is found out what is the cause of the accident and who was the driver at the accident moment in this section. To carry out these tasks, the states of art softwares are used such as MADYMO, HVE, PC-CRASH.
- Detecting the defects of vehicles : vehicle��s sudden start, chassis and tire
- Classifying the hot shock or cold shock in vehicle��s brake lamp
- Calculating the speed of assault vehicle and damaged vehicle by skid mark and yaw mark
- Identifying the violation of central line
- Distinguishing the driver and fellow passengers
- Identifying the impact location - the collision occurred in crosswalk or not
- Reconstructing the traffic accident total driving path, impact angle, and area
- Analyzing the digital tachograph, Blackbox and EDR(Event Data Recorder)
|Analysis to collision area and velocity
||Velocity analysis from damaged vehicles
|Defect analysis engine and chassis system Accident analysis in sudden acceleration||Defect analysis engine and chassis system Accident analysis in sudden acceleration|
|Digital tachograph analysis||EDR(Event Data Recorder) data analysis|
|Helicopter accident analysis||Train accident analysis||Vessel accident analysis|
||License plate trace of hit-and-run vehicle
|Paint traces of hit-and-run vehicle
||Fiber traces of vehicle lower part
Insurance crime section take charge of analyzing motion about vehicles and a person(driver, passenger and pedestrian). PC-Crash and Madymo(MAthmatical Dynamic Model) program are used in this process. Insurance crime is divided into 2 types : soft and hard.
- Soft crime : damage exaggeration after accident, accidentalness, malinger
- Hard crime : prearranged plan before accident, deliberation, malice
The main jobs of soft crime are as follows :
- Estimating and reasoning the possibility of driver and passenger's injury occurrence in vehicle to vehicle accident
- Estimating and reasoning the possibility of pedestrian's injury occurrence in vehicle to pedestrian accident
- Estimating and reasoning the possibility of driver and passenger's injury occurrence in single accident of vehicle
through computing struck vehicle's speed change(��V) and analyzing driver and passenger's motion(flexion and extension)
The main jobs of insurance crime are as follows :
- Analyzing driver's action divided by 1 accelerating, 2 braking and 3 steering. Each of them can be construed by 3 models as below : 1) Constant acceleration motion model 2) Safety-stopping distance model 3) Accident-escaping distance model
- Analyzing pedestrian's action(position and orientation change) construed by 1 motion direction, 2 motion size and 3 motion expansion - Identifying the driver from fellow passengers through analyzing the principal direction of force, inertial force and trace evidence(action-reaction and material exchange)
|Motion analysis in front to rear impact
||Motion analysis in side to side impact
|Motion analysis to pedestrian||Motion analysis in single accident|
|Motion analysis to pedestrian
||Motion analysis to passenger in bus accident
|Identifying the driver in accident||Identifying the driver of motorcycle|